Fashion Friday

Do you have any idea how long I’ve been waiting for a Friday to come along in which I happened to have time to write a post about FASHION? Just so I could use that alliteration in the title? Awesome alliteration, that is ;-)

Sorry if I’m alienating my male readers, but I have a slew of fashion photos I’ve been accumulating. And now it’s Friday the 13th, but it also happens to be your LUCKY day (I’m such a cheeseball today), because I’m sharing some outfits and the sources of their components. I hope you enjoy!

Top: Ann Taylor Outlet

Pants: Urban Outfitters

Shoes: PacSun Outlet

Ring: Forever 21

Watch: NYC flea market

Blazer: Forever 21

Top: Ann Taylor Outlet

Watch: Fossil

Cardigan: Ann Taylor Outlet

Necklace: BJ’s Wholesale Club (seriously)

Jeans: American Eagle

Shoes: Wal-Mart (again, seriously)

Top: Ann Taylor Outlet

Jeggings/Belt: American Eagle

Shoes: Toms

Bracelet: Forever 21 (2 for $1 on Black Friday!)

Blazer, Top, Necklace: Forever 21

Jeggings: American Eagle

Shoes: Steve Madden

Watch: Michael Kors

This post got long quickly, so I’ll cap it at five outfits. Yes I have more to share. Who knows when the next Fashion Friday will be, but I sure hope it comes before ¬†the next Friday the 13th – in July.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned! I know I do. #brag #sorrynotsorry

• Launch of the latest release of GROUP STEP after work!
  • Drinks & dinner tonight on Hartford’s Franklin Ave, famous for its Italian eats, with a new friend!
  • A sweaty cardio workout tomorrow morning followed by HW time at Daybreak Coffee Roasters
  • Attending Taste of Wethersfield tomorrow night – very affordable event, only $30 ($35 at the door)
  • Possible Bikram date with my friend Alexis on Sunday morning, followed by a coffee date (Daybreak again, of course)
  • Tea party with Kim on Sunday afternoon – we’re making tea-infused scones and tea-infused bellinis from the Alice’s Tea Cup cookbook!
  • Sob session with Rachel on Sunday evening AKA seeing Titanic in 3D

Wow, making that list got me even MORE excited. Is it 4:30 yet?! It will be soon!!!

What’s your favorite place to get affordable, cheap fashion?

What’s your favorite place to splurge?

Tell me something fun on your agenda this weekend!

32 Responses to "Fashion Friday"

1. runcupcake

April 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

GREAT Outfits! I LOVE the Wal Mart shoes, they’re so cute! Sounds like a super fun weekend – I have tons of fun planned too, starting with an FFA Meetup at the Saucony even in Boston tonight!

April 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM

i’m so jealous about that! i totally wanna go. but our meet up is soon yay!!

2. Yellow Haired Girl

April 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Wow you have one heck of a weekend planned!! Let us know what you think of Titanic in 3D … I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. And that tea party sounds fun!

Lovin’ that floral blazer, by the way…

April 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

thank you! i wasn’t sure if i’d be able to pull it off but paired with solids i think it works. i’m obsessed with blazers!

3. runwiki

April 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Love the Ann Taylor cardigan with the ripped jeans. My favorite is to pair pearls and jeans, classic with rough, chaos with simple, devil with angel, perfect with imperfect. Love contrast.. it speaks volumes about my personality. I enjoyed Fashion Friday, you have some really cute outfits. Have a great weekend sweet girl.

April 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I LOVE CONTRAST TOO!!! one of my favorite things to wear whenever i’m wearing a lacy top is my faux leather jacket. we are so similar! i hope we get to hang out in person someday, love.

4. Heather Iacobacci (@hriacobacci)

April 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I’m sensing an Ann Taylor theme ;-) Love the cardigan. Sounds like you have a nice weekend lined up!

April 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

haha around the time of these photos i was wearing all my new stuff from my big shopping trip in orlando!!

5. thedancingrunner

April 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

You are so cute! Drinks and dinner tonight sounds fabulous!! I need to get back to yoga, maybe this weekend :-) Not too much planned for me, teaching dance class tomorrow so looking fwd to that!

April 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

i did bikram last sunday on easter and it was a nice change, i’m glad i’ll have a friend with me this weekend. dance class, fun!!! that’s kinda like step for me.

6. Meg (A Dash of Meg)

April 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHA I totally wait for certain days to use alliteration, too! OMG WE ARE SO ALIKE!

Love the outfits, cutie.

Your weekend sounds fab. Tea party!? Wish I was coming! Also, I really want to see the Titanic! Enjoy :) Looking forward to a review? ;)

My weekend high note will be sushi tomorrow :)

April 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I will let you know how Titanic is if you let me know how your sushi was! Deal?! I should’ve known about the alliteration – High Five Friday, anyone?

7. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate

April 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Have fun this weekend!

8. Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy

April 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Sounds like a great weekend! Have fun!

9. Asuma

April 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Loving your Fossil watch!! Actually I’ve secretly been wishing I had it too since you shared its photo with us back when you got it :D

April 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

It’s quite worth the investment!!

April 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I love fashion posts! I’m not great at being cheap with clothes–I try, sometimes Kohl’s or Target can have great looking stuff, but the last few times I bought shirts there, they only lasted a couple washes before the shape was weird. I love the idea of piecing outfits together though! I sometimes splurge at Anthropologie and Athleta (for the sporty stuff), or some boutique stores for good jeans. But I’m trying to keep my shopping under control and only buy things I really really want or need—then I don’t feel guilty about spending a lot!
    Sounds like you’ll have a great weekend! I’m visiting a friend in Charleston SC, so I’m pretty sure we’ll have lots of fun things planned this weekend!

April 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I try to only shop when I’m traveling. Since I don’t go away too often, it helps me enjoy special vacation shopping guilt free to know I don’t shop too often! I can’t remember the last time I just went and browsed/shopped at a local mall. I haven’t had that Kohl’s experience but I don’t own much from there! Enjoy Charleston, I’ve always wanted to go. Many ppl have told me they can see me living there!

April 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You are too cute! Love the fashion friday post! And I am super super jealous you are seeing titanic, I want to see it so bad! I’ve been watching documentries all week about the Titanic, yah I’m cool. Have an awesome weekend!

April 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I used to be obsessed with Titanic!! I loved learning about it ever since the movie came out in 3rd grade and our school did a unit about it to coincide – even tho my mom wouldn’t let me go see it! So I’m not judging you for watching that educational stuff :D

12. imabusinessman

April 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I don’t know anything about fashion, but the outfits look very nice

13. dianabushneck

April 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

My favorite is the 4th outfit – super cute! You also have a different hair-do in almost every picture, part of the outfit, right? :-)

April 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Thank you! Haha yes I have a few go-to hair “outfits” I cycle through too :)

14. snoozinchat

April 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

You forgot to mention/source your hairbands… an daily go-to accessory, part of every outfit! :)

April 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

LOL oh I was gonna..if I could remember where they’re from!! :D

15. fortheloveofkale

April 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM

You ahhh adorbs. I love all of your Ann Taylor shirts so much! Keep the fashion posts comin’ lovie!

16. Patty

April 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Whoa I need to hit an Ann Taylor outlet with you! Such cute finds! Excited for the next Fashion Friday!

April 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Aw yay so glad you liked it that much! This particular Ann Taylor outlet was amazing, at the Premium Outlets in Orlando.

17. Pingback: Taste of Wethersfield « Cait Plus Ate