Love With Food Giveaway!
Remember CT readers – one of my favorite spots for unique cocktails and tasty small plates in the Hartford area, Cuvee, is holding a special third-anniversary party at 7PM on Thursday 8/30 at their location in West Hartford’s Blueback Square. But there is ALSO a special VIP event with complimentary drinks, champagne tastings, apps, and more from 5-7PM. If you want to win a chance to attend, text BUBBLY to 37798! Maybe I’ll see you there!
I’m coming at you today with a review and giveaway for another food subscription box service – but don’t judge books by their covers, because Love with Food is different in that they aren’t just delivering food to you, but to others as well.
Founder and CEO Aihui (pronounced i-we) Ong sent me a complimentary box to review after I connected with Love with Food at BlogHer ’12 a few weeks ago. They stuck out to me because I was intrigued by the variety of products on display at their booth, the price point of just $10/month, and the fact that for each box sold, Love with Food donates a meal to a hungry child.
I was excited to dig into my box and check out the tasty treats I’d been sent. A handy sheet was included which explained each product.
The box’s theme of Travelin’ Eats was appropriate for the trips many people take in August! I love the cute animation.
Overall I was fairly impressed by the products inside:
- Sun Flour Baking Company Vegan Cookies – I’m of course most excited to sample the PB variety. Sometimes lemon-flavored things and I don’t get along so the fact that the other cookie is described as “Lemony Lemon” makes me a bit weary but we’ll see!
- The Ginger People‘s Gin Gins Super Strength Ginger Caramel Candy – I don’t really like candies so I wasn’t too psyched over this one, but it does fit the Travelin’ Eats theme…the insert included with the box explained that ginger calms motion sickness.
- Tangerine Glee Gum - Again this didn’t excite me because I always chew the same gum (Trident Original) and I may be open to many new foods, but gum just isn’t really one of them. Still the insert pointed out that the gum would aid a flying traveler in preventing ear popping!
The little red slip pictured above gave a preview for the September box (which the winner of the giveaway will receive). Stephanie Quilao of Back In Skinny Jeans has input into the box and it will include her favorite pre-and post-workout eats!
- East Shore Skinny Dipping Pretzels – I can’t figure out whether or not these are called “skinny” because East Shore wants to market to females or because they literally are skinny pretzels. But the bottom line is, I really like pretzels. And I’m guessing these will be yummy – like all pretzels are!
- East Shore Key Lime with Ginger Mustard – Out of all the products included in the box, I am actually most excited to dig into this little guy. I use mustard a TON at home with my dinners, especially on meat or regular/sweet potato fries. As soon as my mom makes fries in the oven I will be busting this out.
- Sconza Candies Coconut Toffee Peanuts – These sound beyond. Amazing. And dangerous! The bag isn’t exactly tiny but I can see it being tempting to sit down and finish it in one sitting! I can just imagine how fabulously they’ll pair with my plain Greek yogurt in the evening…
- Cherry Bay Orchards Dried Montgomery Cherries – I know that many bloggers would go bananas (or cherries) for these but cherries aren’t really my thing. I like how well-portioned the sample pack is.
As with all subscription services like this, the Love with Food box products’ full size versions are available for sale on their website. Subscribers can also earn points for committing to a 3, 6, or 12-month plan, reviewing what they received, and/or purchasing full sizes. The points can be used to get more full sized items for free.
It’s great to know that Love With Food is literally spreading the love WITH food…by giving it to children in need each time they sell another box. The affordable price point will surely encourage more people to buy boxes, meaning more children will get meals. There is a $2/month fee for shipping, but if you sign up for the 6-month plan it becomes $1/month, and the year-long subscription will give you FREE shipping. You can check out pricing details here.
Love with Food is offering Cait Plus Ate readers $2 off the purchase of a box! The code expires 8/31 (the last day to order the September box) so hurry! Just enter CAITVIP at checkout. No, I didn’t choose that code, Aihui did. KINDA love it
And one lucky reader is also going to win the September box for FREE! This is going to be a quick giveaway because I want the winner to have time to get on the website and use a special access code to order the September box by 8/31, so entries will accepted until 11:59PM EST tomorrow night (Tuesday 8/28). How do you enter?
- Go to the Love With Food Products page and tell me in a comment here which product you’d most want to try! (mandatory)
- Follow @LoveWithFood on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Follow @CaitPlusAte on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Tweet “I’m spreading the love with @LoveWithFood through a @CaitPlusAte giveaway! http://wp.me/p1SfTW-1pO” and comment here with the link to the tweet.
Good luck to all who enter and I hope that some of you guys spread the love with food and purchase a box with the discount code!