Gorton’s Seafood Pesto Salmon Broccoli Pizza!
More quick yet tasty dinners have been taking place in the Croswell house thanks to the year’s supply of Gorton’s Seafood that I won! From the moment I found out I was the winner of this fabulous prize from BlogHer ’12, I have been dreaming of making the meal in this post. Pizza is my favorite food, and I especially love it with unique toppings! Clam and shrimp pizzas are pretty common on restaurant menus nowadays, but it’s not too often that I see a pie offered with a healthy helping of SALMON!
Gorton’s Seafood Pesto Salmon Broccoli Pizza
- 1 box of Gorton’s Seafood Lemon Butter Grilled Salmon
- 1 box of Gorton’s Seafood Classic Grilled Salmon
- 1 Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- Garlic salt for broccoli (to taste)
- EVOO for broccoli (to taste)
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1/4 cup of Buitoni Reduced-Fat Pesto with Basil
- Cedar’s Tzatziki Sauce (optional)
- 1 ceramic pizza stone (optional, but it’ll make your crust more crispy!)
- Add desired amounts of garlic salt and EVOO to chopped broccoli on foil-lined pan. Roast at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Place pizza stone in oven on a different rack – getting it hot before putting it in the oven with the pizza will aid in a crispy crust!
- Prepare salmon per package instructions. Dice up and place in a bowl.
- Mix diced tomato into bowl of salmon, add salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove stone from oven, place pizza on top, spread pesto onto pizza.
- Spread salmon and roasted broccoli atop pesto (I ended up with some leftover salmon and broc on the side to avoid too-heavy slices since it was a thin crust).
- Place stone with pizza back in the oven and cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (time can vary depending on your oven and how “done” you like your pizza!)
- After removing pizza and letting it cool, drizzle tzatziki sauce on top if you wish!
The pizza was seriously out of this world delicious and the leftover salmon even stayed fresh in the fridge long enough for me to polish it off as a snack five days later! My mom and I finished almost the entire pie between the two of us and the tzatziki was the perfect compliment to the salmon – reminded me of a lox and cream cheese combo! I only wish I’d had some capers to add…next time! And the best part of pizzas is their easy customization. You could add or take away any of the ingredients on this recipe and simply use it as inspiration for future topping combos!
I also liked using one box of plain salmon and one box of lemon-butter, like I did last time my mom and I cooked with Gorton’s products. I’m all about trying as many different varieties of a food as possible! I don’t think I could really taste a difference between the two kinds, though. I am glad the lemon-butter salmon wasn’t too buttery or lemony, because I wouldn’t want anything to take away from the fishy flavor that I adore so much!
You can try Gorton’s products too, and you know that as Coupon Caitlin, I’m always looking to save money and help others do so. That’s why I’m directing you to this coupon on the Gorton’s Seafood website for $1 off any two items!
Has anyone tried any Gorton’s Seafood products since I last posted about them?
What’s your favorite pizza topping combo?
Have you ever tried a seafood pizza?
P.S. Total fail on my part…I didn’t even realized that this past Friday 9/21 was my one year blogiversary! I want to do a more reflective post to celebrate so I will be doing so when I actually have time to sit down and write something more thought-provoking this week…hopefully that’ll be soon. This has been one crazy work week!