Let the Sunshine (Award) In
Thank you to those who entered my Bishop’s Corner Marshall’s giveaway! The two winners are Rebecca and Megan. Please email me with your addresses to claim your prize and remember whoever emails first gets to choose which prize she wants – mason jars or wine glasses!
Both Arman and Kelly nominated me for the Sunshine Award, so I figured I better get crackin’ on getting my post up! Since I was nominated by two people I have a total of 20 questions to answer, so I’ll try to be brief…well, Caitlin-brief.
- Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person(s) who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award (I nominate NO ONE but encourage EVERYONE to do this )
Here are the questions from Arman…
- Which celebrity do you think epitomises a healthy body? I decline to answer, because that’s a comparison trap I don’t want to fall into! I do admire any celeb though who has a REAL looking body because whether he or she is happy with that body or not, it’s nice to have a more realistic looking person in the public eye.
- Crunchy nut butter or smooth nut butter? Crunchy for SURE. It’s funny because I used to refuse to touch anything but creamy but now I just love the hearty texture of a crunchy nut butter.
- If you got stuck on a desert island with 3 items only for eternity, what would they be? My iPhone (with service!), food, and water. At least I’d survive?
- Which family member are you closest to? My mom, but it wasn’t always that way! We didn’t get close til my senior year of college.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten? Perhaps a sea urchin and quail egg shooter from Feng!
- Do you think Blue Ivy and North West are absolutely stupid names? Yes.
- What was your favourite childhood TV program? Well it depends on what period of my childhood! As a little kid I LOVED Rugrats but in middle school I switched to Disney Channel and was so into Lizzie McGuire. I wanted to BE Hilary Duff.
- What cultural background do you come from? As I tell anyone who asks me that question, my family is almost 100% from England. I am Mayflower White.
- What is your ideal breakfast? Kelly asked this too! I don’t really like breakfast but if I go out for it I like an egg white omelet with many veggies.
- If your life was a reality TV show, what would you consider to be your closest fit? I would like to say The Hills, but I don’t think a close fit exists, which is a good thing. If my life was fit for a reality show, it’d probably mean it was a trainwreck!
…and here are the questions from Kelly!
- Favorite breakfast food? Like I said above I don’t really like breakfast, but I enjoy a good egg white veggie omelet.
- Biggest guilty pleasure? Again with The Hills. I could watch every ep a thousand times and it’d never get old.
- If you could only have 4 meals for the rest of your life, what would they be? Wait, this question sucks! But I can totally use my last meal blog post to help me answer it.
- If you could only have 3 beverages for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Black flavored Daybreak coffee
- Wine (all the kinds)
- Favorite musician or band? So many but I’ll have to go with Florence and the Machine.
- Favorite running distance? The big zero. But if I had to choose, a 5K. I can do it in a little under 30 minutes which always makes me feel accomplished, and with a good enough playlist it doesn’t drag on too long.
- If you had an unexpected night free, what would you do? Go out to eat! Obviously.
- Are you more city or country? I’ll cheat and say suburbs! But if I had to choose one of the two I’d say city…I need my fab restaurants!
- Best date you’ve been on? Can I count the trip I took to Vegas (21st birthday present from my parents) with my then-boyfriend as a date? Vegas is my favorite place in the world so even if I was there with someone who is now an ex.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I’m not at liberty to go into detail, but it happened in a corn maze. That is all.
Like I said above I’m not nominating anyone, but if anyone wants to take this survey and do it for his or herself, here are some questions for you to answer!
- Is there a classic birthday food item you always have to have? If so, what is it?
- If you are over 21, what was your first legal beverage?
- How do you prefer your potatoes, sweet or white?
- How do you prefer your eggs, whites only or yolk and all?
- What was your last fitness-related accomplishment? Pat yourself on the back for it!
- When was the last time you did something to benefit your mental health?
- What’s the best theme party you’ve ever attended?
- What was your fave childhood Halloween costume?
- What’s your favorite way to eat pumpkin? (had to ask it given it’s everywhere)
- If you could only watch one classic Disney film for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Did any of my answers surprise/interest you? Answer one/some of mine in the comments!