Taste of the Nation Hartford Giveaway!
I can still remember the first time I read Bobbi’s Taste of the Nation recap several years ago when I first stumbled upon healthy living blogs. Then I noticed other bloggers doing recaps too of the same event, just in their areas. To me, attending a Share Our Strength Taste of the Nation event just screamed “I AM A BLOGGING FOODIE!” So when I had the chance to attend in New Haven last year, I was over the moon and ended up being far from disappointed.
I couldn’t make it to the Hartford tasting, so I did a blog post spreading the word about the great and tasty cause. I had the chance to interview committee members, and this year I am actually working with them directly to once again promote this year’s Taste of the Nation Hartford on Thursday April 11, 6-9pm, at 960 Main Street.
Hartford’s tasting will benefit local grantees, so those who purchase tickets should realize that their donation is going toward ending childhood hunger in their own backyards. This year’s grantees are the No Kid Hungry Connecticut Campaign, Foodshare, Hartford Food System, and End Hunger Connecticut.
Let’s be real, knowing you are supporting a good cause is always a wonderful thing. But knowing you are supporting a good cause because you’re gaining entry to an event where you’ll be able to get more than your fill of the best food and drink in the area…that’s WAY wonderful. This is seriously a foodie’s paradise. And a wino’s paradise! Restaurants featured at the Hartford tasting this year include:
- Barcelona (you know I love it there)
- Bricco Trattoria (Billy Grant, the head chef of this and other Grant’s restaurants, is event chair)
- Corey’s Catsup & Mustard (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives!)
- Cuvee (a fabulous spot!)
- Esca (you just read about that place on this blog!)
- Firebox (some really unique local farm-to-table cuisine)
- Max Restaurant Group (their display is always grand!)
- and MANY MORE
Valentine’s Day Promo Pricing
General admission is $75/person and VIP admission is $125/person. With VIP admission comes specialty samples, private entertainment, a nice separate lounge area to sit, and swag bag. You can buy tickets here, but I highly recommend planning ahead and doing so before Valentine’s Day. That’s because if you enter the discount code “Valentine” (CASE SENSITIVE!) you will get 10% off your ticket price! I’m pretty sure that tickets to this event would make the PERFECT Valentine’s present, and what an easy “last minute” gift too.
If you are part of a local business and interested in becoming a sponsor at Taste of the Nation Hartford, please email me at email@example.com and I can get you sponsorship information!
One lucky winner is going to receive two free general admission tickets to Taste of the Nation Hartford! The giveaway will be open until this Sunday 2/10 at 11:59PM EST. There are several ways to enter, and be sure to leave a separate comment for each or multiples do NOT count:
- Go to the Taste of the Nation Hartford website, check out the list of restaurants attending, and comment with which spot’s table you’d be most excited to visit. (mandatory)
- Follow @TasteHartford on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Follow @CaitPlusAte on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Tweet “I entered to win @TasteHartford tickets from @CaitPlusAte! http://caitplusate.com/?p=7538” and comment here with the link to the tweet.
Good luck to all who enter and if you don’t win, remember you will still have a few days (until 2/14) after I announce the winner to purchase your tickets at 10% off using discount code “Valentine”!