Same Old Breakfast, Brand New Lasagna

Hola! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I know I did – if you follow me on Twitter, you already know I spent lots of time studying at Daybreak Coffee Roasters, did a free wine tasting at a liquor store, got some sweet samples at Whole Foods, had two delicious Groupon meals, and just got back from seeing “Moneyball“. The movie, as well as the rest of the nice weekend at home, was excellent. What’d you do?

I’m still getting used to the whole not-taking-phone pictures thing, but I did manage to snap a shot of my favorite breakfast and wanted to share. One may call it the same old breakfast, because I eat it about 75% of mornings (the other 25% are mornings I don’t have time to make it), but my love for it never ceases. This breakfast would be a toasted whole wheat english muffin with banana slices and peanut butter (whatever PB jar I have open at the time, currently PB&Co Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl), and the remaining banana on the side, with MORE peanut butter (of course).

Forgive the paper plate, I don't like to deal with dishes.

Another highlight of this past week was a brand new take on lasagna – the recipe given to me by the talented Stephanie aka the Cookin’ Fanatic. My mom was actually the one who made it, and she threw in some soy crumbles for added protein, but other than that she followed Stephanie’s recipe. And funny enough, my mom’s name is Stephanie!

Printed off and ready to go.

My mom and I both really LOVED the way the recipe turned out! This take on lasagna was so interesting. I’ve never considered using chickpeas as a source of protein in a lasagna, and they were excellent! The leftovers are in the fridge waiting for us to devour them later on.

The lasagna, totally ready to eat and in fact, already broken into.

I topped mine with some leftover roasted brussell sprouts (my favorite roasted veggie of all time) for some added bulk. And obviously went back for seconds of the lasagna after. The chickpeas mixed with the feta were my favorite part!

My bowl ready for devouring.

I’ve gotta run, my dad just finished grilling dinner and I am so ready to dive in. Turkey burgers, turkey sausage, black beans, and baked potatoes with salsa! I love my home dinners 🙂

Tried any good recipes lately?

Submit a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *