Greetings from Florida!

Oh my goodness. I am so excited to be in Florida right now for my first paid-week off from work! I am currently devouring Publix birthday cake, AKA the best grocery store birthday cake ever, and feeling a bit stressed over the pile of recaps I need to do for the blog. But my dad has declared 2012 “the year of chill” AKA “chill twenty-twelve“, and I am trying to take a cue from his book, and worry less. Already with his new chill attitude, I’ve noticed less stress on this vacation – it’s contagious!

A meal from what seems like eons ago, AKA dinner on the 21st.

Baked potato w/Sweetfire Salsa courtesy of Tara, turkey sausage and turkey burger w/spicy yellow mustard, and coleslaw.

I’m still sharing things from a week ago – and that’s a bad sign, since every single day has been absolutely packed with good times, good food, and good workouts! OK, maybe not so much the good workouts.

The fitness center at the hotel where my parents are staying (my siblings and I prefer to shack up at our grandparents’ apartment, which is way cozier to me than any hotel) is quite sub-par and has been forcing me to use the treadmill for my cardio. Still better than running outside in this FL weather I’m no longer used to! I did manage to score a free pass to an LA Fitness, but it was good for only today. I took a Bootcamp class, which was pretty hard, though not as challenging as I’d like. Still, I thought I’d post the routine for you guys since it would be pretty easy to replicate at home!

Bootcamp Workout (created by Janina of LA Fitness in Palm Beach Gardens, FL):

Super easy, right? No equipment necessary (except a mat or a soft surface in general). Remember I did not create this workout and I am not a personal trainer so proceed to use it at your own risk!

The beloved belated Publix birthday cake for my mom.

I have been sticking to my early sleep schedule and just finished my cake, so it’s time to go read and then hit the hay. Gotta be up early to hit the hotel gym again – treadmill, blahhh.

Do you work out while on vacation? What is your attitude towards doing so?

31 Responses to "Greetings from Florida!"

1. Molly

December 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Glad you’re having fun in the Sunshine State. Publix is the most amazing grocery store. And yes, their baked goods are amazing! Glad I live 5 minutes from one.

December 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Glad you’re having fun, and I love the idea of making 2012 the year of chill!
    I need to do that!

I like to exercise on vacation, but I don’t always do it. I guess it depends on the circumstances and my mood!

• Caitlin C.

December 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM

That’s totally good though bc vacation is all about going with the flow! Maybe I should start a movement – “chill twenty-twelve”? #chill2012? Haha

3. Shannon from Healthiful Balance

December 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Hope your having an awesome time in Florida!

• Caitlin C.

December 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Thank you so much, I can’t wait to share my FL adventures w/you all!

4. Tiff

December 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I work out on little trips, but I take time off for my big yearly vacation. The body needs rest, so I happily oblige. :)

5. Liz @ Southern Charm

December 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Glad you have having such a great time in Fl!

I try to workout when on vacay, usually just sticking to cardio with a little pilates and yoga. Most of my vacays are to visit my bestie who is great about working out. Usually one day I will go to the gym with her (out of the 2.5 I’m there).

• Caitlin C.

December 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Sounds like a nice balance! I was thinking about switching from cardio for tmrw and doing yoga instead but we’ll see what I’m feeling in the morning.

6. TriGirl

December 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Holy cow, if that’s easy I need to rethink trying a boot camp class! I like Chill2012. I’m going to try that too :)

• Caitlin C.

December 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Hahaha no I just like bootcamp classes/sweating a lot – everyone else’s definition of easy is different! It’s just about you, no one else!

7. Katie

December 30, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I hope your having a great paid vacation! I live in Florida and LOVE Publix as well! :)

• Caitlin C.

December 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Oh awesome, where in Florida?

8. christina

December 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

publix DOES have the best cakes!!!

9. Pingback: A Long Overdue Reunion « Cait Plus Ate

10. Pingback: Christmas Eve…Two Weeks Later? « Cait Plus Ate

11. Pingback: Rest Days, Christmas Day, and Too-Jay’s « Cait Plus Ate

12. Pingback: 7 Random Facts « Cait Plus Ate

13. Pingback: Quizno’s and Shopping « Cait Plus Ate

14. Amanda White

January 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hi Caitlin-
    Just stumbled upon your site and was excited to see you mentioned Sweetfire Salsa! Sweetfire Salsa is my family’s business. I hope you enjoyed the salsa! I enjoyed reading your blog.
    ~Happy New Year~
    Amanda

sweetfiresalsa.com

• Caitlin C.

January 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Amanda, so great to hear from you!! I love that you put pickles in your salsa, I was sent a jar through a foodie pen pal program I’m a part of. Brought it over to a friend’s house and he loved it too. Thanks for making something so tasty!

15. Pingback: Random Workout and Duffy’s Sports Grill « Cait Plus Ate