Country Crock Broccoli Casserole and Giveaway!
Thank you to Country Crock for sponsoring this post. Visit and tell us your favorite Thanksgiving veggie for extra entries into this giveaway. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
My grandma sent my mom a recipe for a broccoli cheddar casserole side almost ten years ago, and as soon as fall hits, this warm, comforting dish starts appearing in our kitchen. It’s even man-approved – my dad LOVES it and usually requests that it make an appearance on Thanksgiving. The perfect delicious, healthy side dish!
I was invited, as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, to make a healthy Thanksgiving side dish using Country Crock as a substitute for butter. I’m already a big fan of their products, so the answer was a resounding, “YES!” Especially since it meant getting to eat this cheesy broccoli goodness several nights in a row (it makes great leftovers, as you can probably imagine). Country Crock has NO harmful trans fats (other types of fats are good for you in moderation, but let’s face it, trans fats are just a no-no!) and even this raw veggie lover can’t lie…veggies taste darn good with Country Crock added in!
Cheesy Broccoli Goodness Casserole
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Country Crock Original
- 2 packages of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 a soup can of skim milk
- 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Cook brown rice (I used a boxed minute-cook version).
- Saute chopped onion and mushrooms in Country Crock on stovetop.
- Combine broccoli, onion, mushrooms, rice, coup, and milk with salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Could that be any easier? That’s why casseroles make excellent side dishes. You could even make this a meal by adding a protein like grilled chicken!
For more ideas for healthy Thanksgiving side dishes that can be made with Country Crock, check out their Chronicle in the Kitchen!
Country Crock Thanksgiving Kit Giveaway
One lucky Cait Plus Ate reader (continental US only, sorry!) will win a Country Crock Thanksgiving Kit with the following:
The giveaway will run until this Friday (11/9) at 11:59PM EST and the winner will be announced early next week. To enter, you can do the following (and leave a comment for each or additional entries don’t count):
- Comment here and tell me your favorite food to eat on Thanksgiving. (mandatory)
- Visit the Crock Country Chronicle and comment on an article. Comment with the link to the article.
- Follow @CountryCrock on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Follow @CaitPlusAte on Twitter and comment here saying you did.
- Tweet “I entered to win a @CountryCrock Thanksgiving kit from @CaitPlusAte! #HolidayVeggies http://wp.me/p1SfTW-1DP” and comment here with the link to the tweet.
General Giveaway Rules: No Purchase Necessary. This giveaway is only open to residents of the continental United States. The email addresses that are collected for this giveaway will only be used for the purpose of contacting the winner and will never be given out to anyone nor sold. The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email. The winner will have 72 hours to respond. Please make sure you check your junk mail folder. Good luck to all who enter!
Thank you to Country Crock for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.