Fashion Friday: Lendperk Giveaway!
I may attend a lot of events, but most do not require a nice dress. That does not stop me from buying dresses…even though I live in New England, where spring still has yet to…spring. Anyway, I always have a “stockpile” of dresses I’ve worn a few times that I can bust out for an upcoming fancier event, and that’s just what I planned to do for the wedding I attended on March 23rd…until Star Li, CEO and Founder of Lendperk, came along.
The concept of Lendperk may be familiar to you if you’ve heard of services like Rent the Runway (which I was thanks to Carrots N Cake). For those not familiar with it, Star calls Lendperk the “Netflix for dresses”. Here’s how it works:
- Choose a monthly plan that works for your budget and anticipated frequency of use: 1 dress for $20/month, 2 dresses for $34/month, or no limit for $49/month (for you socialites out there!)
- Pick out a dress from Lendperk’s extensive and varied selection of looks from designers and higher-end stores like Anthropologie, J. Crew, and French Connection.
- Receive your dress and wear it! (le duh)
- Send the dress back in a prepaid USPS envelope that came with the dress – no shipping for you!
Upon signing up for your plan, you’ll get access to a free 9-day trial during which you can rent one dress. Once the 9 days are up, your card will be charged for your first month. If at any time during the trial you decide you don’t want the plan you’d signed up for you can cancel free of charge!
After I saw Budget Babe‘s Instagram of herself in a beautiful dress, I commented on her photo and asked where she got it and she told mea bout Lendperk! Star saw the comment and emailed me about trying Lendperk and doing a review/giveaway for you guys as I was choosing the dress I was going to wear to my childhood friend Megan’s wedding. I planned to rock the good old Vineyard Vines orange and white dress that I wear whenever I can, but this was the PERFECT chance to wear something new without having to spend money on a dress that, in all honesty, I really don’t need.
Star was great to work with – once my dress was selected, it was shipped and arrived very promptly. My first choice dress was unfortunately still “checked out” in my size, but I was on the fence between that one and this BCBG selection anyway so it all worked out. And to be honest, the dresses are so cute that I had plenty of backup choices ready to go.
Some dresses on Lendperk are from brands who work with small/medium/large sizing, and some work with numerical sizing. BCBG works with numbers so I was concerned because I felt I had a bigger chance of the dress NOT fitting since the sizing was probably more “precise”, but luckily I chose well. I like that many choices do simply offer small/medium/large, for those patrons wary of picking out a dress that won’t fit.
Charlotte has been unseasonably chilly so I had to wear a cover-up at the ceremony itself, but was able to show off the dress in its entirety during the indoor reception! I got many compliments and people were intrigued when I told them about Lendperk. Many had not heard of dress rentals before.
I hoped to wear the dress again in Florida before returning it, but I’d packed many others so I decided to send it on its way. There’s a post office right by our condo so popping it in the prepaid envelope was a breeze! I did not return the candy bar. Sorry, Star. 😉 My brother says thanks.
Other LendPERKS (ha right?) include:
- Free shipping and free returns (see above prepaid envelope)
- Options to cancel/restart at any time (sounds perfect – one can easily activate a membership for wedding season only, for example)
- Rentals roll over, so if you pay for a month and don’t end up needing a dress, you can do two rentals another month!
Though I don’t know when my next fancy event will be, I do know that I would DEFINITELY consider using Lendperk again on an every-now-and then basis depending on what my schedule of occasions looks like. I know I may have more chances to rent fancy dresses if my crazy friends keep getting engaged 😀
One reader will not have to consider whether or not she wants to try Lendperk since someone is going to win a free two week dress rental! Heck, maybe you will like it enough to make it your first rental of many! Remember, those who do not win can still sign up for a monthly plan and cancel it during the trial period! If you have any questions at all that I didn’t answer, check out the informative FAQ page and if the answer isn’t there then let me know and I can forward your question to Star!
The giveaway will run until Monday 4/8 at 11:59PM EST and is open to continental US entrants only (sorry guys, currently Lendperk only ships there, both incoming and outgoing dresses). See entry instructions below and separate entries must be separate comments or they don’t count:
- Comment on this post and tell me which Lendperk dress you’d pick out if you won! (mandatory)
- Follow @CaitPlusAte on Twitter and comment saying you did.
- Follow @LendPerk on Twitter and comment saying you did.
- Tweet “I entered to win a free @Lendperk dress rental from @CaitPlusAte! http://caitplusate.com/?p=8358” and comment with the link to the tweet.
You can also like Lendperk on Facebook, but this does not count as an entry. Good luck guys!
I received a dress rental free of charge from Lendperk, but all opinions of my experience are my own. This is not a compensated post.