Trade Em Up Tuesday: An Excuse to Ramble

Totally digging this Trade Em Up Tuesday thing, so thanks very much to Miss Alex for cluing me into that. Much like Thinking Out Loud Thursdays, it’s just a great way to blog on a day when I don’t feel like sticking to one topic.

I would trade…ALL THE SNOW. Snow snow go away, you ruin my plans so many days. Last night’s Group Power class was cancelled due to weather so I had to say goodbye to my Monday lifting party and am hoping I can make it to Thursday or Saturday’s class.

I would not trade…getting out of work early due to snow. OK so that’s a positive! I was able to leave work, hit the gym for a workout, and get home to shower and get cozy by the fire. I had extra time to clear out the mindless-TV hanging around on my DVR (#RichKids, Toned Up) and draft tomorrow’s blog post. At the gym I did my go-to cardio machine the StepMill (30 minutes of speed intervals) followed by two rounds of this arm routine by Rebecca.

I did two rounds instead of three because I started to get hangry!

I would trade…the waiting game. I’m still playing it and I don’t know if I’m going to see a win or a loss. I’ll know by the end of the day tomorrow whether or not I’ve landed a big opportunity. Sorry that I have to continue being cryptic…wish I knew for sure what was going on so that I didn’t have to be!

I would not trade…The Laughing CowYesterday I rocked a couple of snacks – one sweet and one savory – using their products. I was huge into Laughing Cow cheese wedges on English muffins circa 2011-2012 but like most snacks, it faded out eventually for me. Since making Tina’s cheesy veggies I have been craving the Creamy Swiss more and more so yesterday I filled up leftover Super-Bowl-party celery with it and those little boats held me til dinner. After the gym I also slathered strawberries with the Cinnamon Cream Cheese.

It tastes so fall-like! Source

I would not trade…a new Larabar flavor. Last night I had a chocolate craving so I crumbled a Chocolate Chip Brownie Larabar into my fake-ingredient-loaded-but-still-delicious sugar-free Jello-O chocolate pudding. Freaking delicious. I just love the short ingredient list on these bars and the dates, sea salt, and nuts made for a fantastic not-to-sweet chocolate fix. Plus I felt good about myself for craving a snack, having it, and stopping afterward. Another way to prove to my doubtful mind that I can trust myself around a pantry full of food.

Ohemgee. Source

I would trade…the new Twitter for PCs. Seriously, my PC is not an iPhone. Stop trying to make it look like iOS7. Thankfully there is apparently a fix.

twittersucks

Just conversing with my friend the genius.

I would not trade…Mom time. Mom is back from Florida as of this past Friday and with my dad away on business, she and I had a girls night yesterday with our fave trashy show, Revenge. All I can say is why is this show not back until March…it’s that good! I know that viewership is falling off and I don’t have high hopes for another season but dammit I wish there would be, because I’m loving the dynamic between Emily and Danielle, Victoria giving Daniel advice on how to “get rid” of a spouse, and Nolan. Always Nolan. Mom also took my suggestion to make these baby cabbages and it’s safe to say they will become a staple in our house. How did we not coat them in mustard previously?! Not a sprout was left standing.

Actually yes I do.

I would trade…James Franco’s novel. I spotted Actor’s Anonymous on my library’s new fiction shelf this past Sunday and decided to pick it up. I like James Franco, he’s a quirky weirdo, so I figured his book could be interesting! I guess I wouldn’t fully trade it because I enjoy the chapters written in the form of a bunch of quick paragraphs or short (albeit messed-up) stories. But I really am disliking the strangely organized chapters and skipped an entire one last night. I wouldn’t even call this a novel, but instead a short story collection. I have trouble abandoning books though and it’s a pretty quick read so I’ll be finishing it.

I would not trade…purple nails. Another weekend, another cheap hand polish change at Glastonbury’s Sera Nails, which is still offering 30% off all services (through 2/28). I also got a toe polish change but I hate my feet so you don’t get to see that. While my nails dried an employee came around and gave me a couple of coupons good for $5 off a pedicure in March. That will certainly come in handy for next month’s trip to Mexico!

The colors are OPI but I can’t remember their names.

I would not trade…another Mom-date tonight. Except this evening we will be dining at Rooftop 120, not at home. Mom’s had a Groupon to spend there for awhile now and in February they are offering 50% off bottles of wine Monday-Thursday! It’s been awhile since Mom and I visited Rooftop together and we are very excited to order off their newly updated menu.

Me and mom during our last trip to Rooftop!

What would you trade and/or not trade today?

Are you being affected by the ever-present winter storms?

Any thoughts on my trades/not-trades?

23 Responses to "Trade Em Up Tuesday: An Excuse to Ramble"

February 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ugh the waiting game is the worst. I’ll admit I’m anxious to hear what this big opportunity is so I’m looking forward to you spilling! You got me hooked on tone it up and #RichKids. So bad but so good. And you KNOW how much I enjoy my mom time. 24 days until my mom comes down for a long weekend and I cannot wait. It feels so far away. Oh, and twitter. Seriously. WTF. I was so confused when I went on the other day.

February 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I’m happy you have mom time on your schedule!!

2. Annette@FitnessPerks

February 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Mmmm I love laughing cow! The cinnamon cream cheese is SO dang good.

I love your nails!! And those pants you’re wearing in that pic–where are they from?

I would trade this gloomy weather for SUN!

February 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM

They’re my Albion Fit petal pants! I adore them.

3. Alex @ therunwithin

February 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM

girl I kept hearing about what you are expected to get for snow. I am sorry. that is all i have to say. did you listen to matty this morning? he was saying that while tomorrow you may get 6-10 inches he is worried for the weekend because the clean up is where everyone could potentially get paralyzed inside. gosh it just didn’t sound good. i have no idea how we are escaping it all here in dc. any more incentive to move to DC?? haha. as for mom dates, need one. just a lot of mom dates are needed. the one downside of moving far away. and it looks like you may have a lot of spare time with her with the snow…

February 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Wait, who is Matty?!

4. Susan

February 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I would trade…wasting my time reading “How to be Good.” It was so not good but I hate leaving a book unfinished.

I would also trade…my extremely sore muscles. The class I did last night didn’t do a great job of stretching us out and I didn’t make it home until almost an hour after it was finished, thus I ended up not getting the quality stretching needed after beating a bag for an hour.

I would not trade…the fact that a ton of our members are supposed to wear purple for world cancer day at class tonight. I love purple. :)

February 4, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I bet you love my purple nails then!

5. Caitlin

February 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Mom time is the best! Especially when you haven’t gotten it for awhile. I’m glad you two enjoyed your time together, and your plans for tonight sound awesome :) That larabar sounds delicious, too; cookie dough AND brownie?? Sign me up! I would trade the effing snow and ice heading our way and being ridiculously sleepy at the moment because of an early wake up, but I wouldn’t trade getting a good run in the morning (cause of early wake up) or the time I had with my girls babysitting last night. Never cease to crack me up ;)

February 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I admire your patience when it comes to your job. I can’t stand babysitting and got out of it very quickly – as soon as I was legal to get a job in customer service, ha!

February 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Mom time is definitely vital, isn’t it? One of the best things about moving back to my hometown last Fall was only having her 20 minutes away as opposed to 45.
    And I’ve tried the strawberry laughing cow and really liked it! I don’t think the sweeter flavours are available in Canada though (I got my mom to pick it up last time she was over the border) which makes me sad.

February 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I’ve always been a bit weirded out by strawberry cream cheese for some reason!

7. kaitlin @4loveofcarrots

February 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM

i would trade all the snow!! I am freaking over it and ready for warm weather!! I love mom time, it’s the best!

February 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Love love your nails and glad things aren’t unknown anymore!!!

I would trade this snow for many things, so sick of it.

9. Amanda @ .running with spoons.

February 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I seriously thought my computer was freaking out when I first logged onto the new Twitter — what in the eff? I don’t exactly hate it, but what was wrong with the old one? And I would definitely trade the fact that Canada doesn’t have so many of the awesome products that you guys get down there in the States. None of the sweet laughing cow wedges for us :(

February 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I so wish that you guys would get more of the fab food products like Laughing Cow and Justin’s!

10. Carly @ Snack Therapy

February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Haha, I love this post!

I agree about the new Twitter. It’s just… weird. I don’t know what to think about it.
    That pudding/larabar snack sounds delish. I always forget how much I love chocolate puddin’. (<< I always call it "puddin'" because I think it's funny.)

February 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Saying puddin always reminds me of Bill Cosby for some weird reason!

11. Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine

February 5, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I had to miss Group Power on Monday too! (Talk about extreme anxiety all day…not good!) The gym closed at 12pm and my class was at 7pm…plus there was no way I could have even gotten out of the driveway! But I made up for it by doing around 2 and 1/2 hours of yoga that day! I liked the changed, but missed my power :/
    I am so happy you tried my workout! Yay! I hope it got your arms burning ;)
    I hate the new Twitter too! When I first saw it on my laptop I though there was some cell phone interference and the site was using the mobile layout by accident….but then it never went way. It is so…ugly, haha! Ugh! Why do social media sites always have to keep changing things? Just keep it how it was, no one was complaining!

February 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I totally thought the pc had adopted the cell layout by mistake too, haha! And holy 2.5 hours of yoga?! I say you more than “made up” for it!

12. Emilie

February 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

AGREE on the snow! I thought we were supposed to get 3-6″ and I definitely see more like 10″ out my window! And more on Sunday…ahhh! This is the same week that we got dump with 3+ feet last year. I think that’s a cue to go on vacation this week next year. I definitely am enjoying being home from work today, but I think I’d rather be at work and have no snow on the ground. 42 days until spring, I think…we have a countdown going at work :) I’m also frustrated about the weather impacting my workout plans. I just switched my rest day to today and will go to the gym on Friday, but I’m a tad worried about having to do a 9 miler this weekend if the roads are still covered in snow/ice. I don’t think I have the mental stamina to last 9 miles on the treadmill! I also love that Larabar flavor – it’s my second favorite after the peanut butter chocolate chip flavor.

February 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I didn’t realize the correlation between this year and last when it comes to the intense snowing – dammit! I agree I’d rather go to work if it means we don’t have any snow. Weather is frustrating in terms of workouts for me too. I’m not sure what I’ll do to work out today…don’t know if I’ll make it to the gym. Even if the roads clear up I don’t know if I have the motivation to get in the car and drive anywhere today! It may be a home workout day!

March 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Love the mom dates.. sometimes you just need some girl time :) And thanks for sharing that workout.. definitely pinning!