Hotel Room Workout

Hey guys! It’s been a whirlwind week but today is my Friday because tomorrow I am off to University of Tennessee to visit my little sister and I can’t wait! SEC football and tailgating – there’s nothing better. Also can’t wait to see my Nana Connie (grandma) and a bunch of my parents’ old friends that I haven’t seen since I was a few feet tall. Oh, and the libations consumed during tailgating should be fun too ;-) I will try to take lots of pics!

Uncle's 50th birthday party – Tennessee theme

Last night I went to my first Zumba class at the gym near my office. I did Zumba a lot at UConn and it was awesome, but the gym near my house offers classes that I haven’t found challenging enough. Happy to report that this class’s choreography was, though not as heart-pumping as I usually like, more advanced and the music was great. I really loved the instructor’s energy too.

I was still craving that peak-HR that I like to try to get to in each cardio workout though, so I hopped on the treadmill and put it at a 1.0 incline. I decided to try to accomplish the goal I’ve had for a couple of years of running a sub-8 minute mile. And after 7 minutes and 55 seconds of feeling like I might die (well, maybe in the last few minutes I felt that way), I DID IT! I love accomplishing mini goals like that and I left feeling pretty awesome.

My "I'm Awesome!" pose

This morning I woke up really early for no reason, and since I have class tonight I thought it would be good to squeeze a workout in. I did 30 minutes of total body strengthening using my body weight. It was no joke – just goes to show there is plenty that you can do with absolutely NO equipment! I like to call these “hotel room workouts” and thought I’d share with you all what I did. Remember I’m not a trainer, and always check with your doctor before starting a new workout!

Hotel Room Workout (try to move from one move to next without stopping!)

I think I remembered everything!
I’ve gotta run for now but let me know if you try the workout, and how it goes!
What’s the last mini-goal you accomplished?

16 Responses to "Hotel Room Workout"

October 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Congrats on your sub-8!
    Love the body weight workouts—people love to use the excuse of traveling to not exercise…but sometimes I get an even better workout when I change things up and don’t use equipment!

• Caitlin C.

October 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Exactly! When I travel this weekend the hotel has a gym luckily!

2. Shayla @ The Good Life

October 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Wow congrats on your goal!! You should be so proud of yourself! :)

And great workout…body weight workouts really are the best and always leave me feeling worked and strong :)

• Caitlin C.

October 27, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Thank you Shayla! I love mini-goals, rather than giant goals that may take tons of training to attain (like a marathon), because it takes less time to get to them and I can have more at once – that means more happy feelings when I accomplish them! Haha

3. Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City

October 27, 2011 at 3:51 PM

that is awesome! what a big accomplishment! and good job keeping up with your routine while traveling :)

4. kathleen @ the daily crumb

October 27, 2011 at 6:56 PM

i love this! i travel a lot and sometimes am stuck in hotels without fitness rooms. glad to have this handy dandy workout to take along with me!

• Caitlin C.

October 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM

So glad you like the looks of it, let me know whether or not you like it if you end up using it!!

5. Brittany @ Healthy Body & Happy Wallet

October 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Great job on accomplishing your goal! Right now I’m working on running a sub-9 minute mile. And body weight exercises are awesome.

• Caitlin C.

October 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I bet you’ll get there soon! And doing the body weight exercises will only help those legs get stronger to carry you to the goal :D

• Micki

November 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM

This is my dream total body workout – all my favourite excercises compiled into one teensy-bedroom-appropriate workout!

Thank you, really liking your blog!

6. Pingback: Beyond Bananas Guest Post! « Cait Plus Ate