Yes, another month has passed, and it’s time for me to share what I got in February’s Birchbox! A quick explanation – for $10 per month, you can sign up to get a little box sent to your home each month, with a random sample of beauty supplies. You don’t know what you’re getting until the box arrives on your front step – the most fun aspect of this, in my opinion – and questions you answer during sign-up help Birchbox determine what you are sent. I believe right now there is a waiting list to get a monthly box, but I suggest signing up for it so that you can get started on receiving boxes sooner. For $10, a little box of beauty surprises each month is totally worth it!
You can check out previous boxes I’ve received in: November, December, January.
This month’s theme was about self-love and putting the spotlight on YOU by indulging and pampering – very appropriate for a single-lady like me in the Valentine’s Day month! The packaging was adorable as always.
Let’s get to the goods, shall we?
- colorscience pro glow and go Travel Puff: A really nifty travel packet of a powder bronzer available for sale in full-size (at the link). I don’t use anything on my face normally except concealer, but I can see this coming on handy to take on a sunny vacation for use in an emergency sunburn situation. The travel packet makes the vacation use even more fitting.
- dermalogica Daily Microfiliant: I love trying out different face washes, especially exfoliating ones, which always leave my skin feeling extra-clean and refreshed. This one is made with natural ingredients like rice bran. It starts in powder form and becomes a cream when mixed with water. I can see that making a mess at the sink, but I wash my face while in the shower, so I’m not worried about that.
- Eye Rock Designer Liner: I’m honestly not sure if I will use these, but this is not normal eyeliner – it’s stick-on adhesive liner, and the sample packet I got comes with one of each of four different designs. The idea behind this is to get intricate eyeliner designs on your lids that do not differ in size between sides or waver from shaky hands. Yes, a sound idea, but I’ve had so many bad experiences with fake eyelashes that I’m wary of whether or not these would actually stay or how easy they really are to apply. There’s only one way to find out, but I’m not sure when I’ll try them out! Sometime when I have lots of time to get ready and am going out to a bar perhaps.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: I actually thought this was a lip gloss until I started writing this post and took another look – it’s a sample of a moisturizing skin tint with SPF 20. The SPF is cool, but not sure if the color they sent me will go with my skin. Since that was one of the questions I answered when signing up (skin tone), I’m hoping it will. Again, I don’t use much on my face at all except some concealer on my chin, but I’ll probably give this a shot.
- Nail File: The heart-shaped file is so cute! I don’t ever file my nails so I kinda want to tape it up on my file cabinet at work as decoration 🙂
- Digital Download: I’ve been so into finding new music lately, and although it isn’t at all beauty-related, the download code I received for seven free songs by an indie band called Green River Ordinance was very welcome. I already have put the songs on my iPhone, but haven’t had a chance to listen yet (as they haven’t come up on my ginormous Recently Added playlist’s shuffle today). I’ll probably be tweeting what I think whenever I do listen though, so keep an eye out. If you want to find out for yourself, the link to their site actually has three of the songs available for free download for anyone!
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this month’s Birchbox, though last month’s still remains my favorite (the Larabar in there probably is a source of extreme bias since I found it to be so delish).
Which of these products would you most want to try?