Two-Year (Too Late) Blogiversary!
OOPS. I missed my two-year blogiversary (blog anniversary)! On 9/21/11, I did my first post on Cait Plus Ate. I tried to explain why the timing was right for me to start a blog, but what I didn’t explain was that I hoped to use it as a tool in recovery. I wasn’t yet ready to be open about that part of my life yet, but I knew from reading blogs that though they can be triggering, they can also be huge assets in a fight to learn healthy moderation and self-love. I wanted an outlet where I could focus on my passion for food in a positive way, and learn to embrace it, not fear it.
In my one-year blogiversary post (also belated) I counted down my top ten favorite posts I’d done in the first year of starting my blog. While I’m not going to go in order, I am going to steal the general idea from year-ago me and highlight some of my favorite posts that I’ve published over the past year.
- WIAW: The Olden Days – I feel like I refer to this post all the time! It really shows that I used to be a SUPER picky eater. No one can believe it now!
- CT NOW Love Your Body 5K – Doing this event meant a lot to me and I loved dressing up and running it with Maria. I’m already signed up for this year’s run with Jill!
- A Whole New Accomplishment – Appearing in Whole Foods Magazine was a dream come true!
- Here Comes a Fighter – I made big strides in fighting ED guilt after a spontaneous night out, and was proud enough to shout it from the rooftops in this post.
- Being OK With Marvelous – But I still deal with it and have found this summer that the more fun I have, the more anxiety I get. I’ve been using Marvelous In My Monday posts as a tool to help me reflect on positive and get my mind to stop pushing the negative.
- MIMM: Elvis Duran Show in NYC – Um, only the coolest day ever?
- Mohegan Sun Blogger Girls Weekend – A dream getaway, again with Maria, plus a bunch of other fabulous bloggers. I admit I was a total fangirl.
- Marvelous Meal at Barcelona – Just a special Friday night out with my mom at one of my favorite restaurants. I loved showing her this place’s magic! (And I’m showing someone else that magic this Saturday night, hooray!)
- It’s OK…Healthy Living Blogger Version – I had a blast writing this post and loved the comments.
- It’s OK…To Act Like A Healthy Living Blogger! – The other side of the coin!
- The New Path to Safety – Reflections on the continuous learning process I am going through in recovery.
- The Alcohol Calorie Struggle – I honestly still look back on this today and read it because it’s something I always have a hard time with.
- Insta-Media Literacy – I got out something I felt needed to be said.
- Leaving Behind an Empty Life – A post I wrote to remind myself why I’m in recovery.
- My Very Own Burger – Another dream come true moment – Plan B named a burger special after me!
Thank you all for being there with me on this journey. I never would have thought that my blog would be where it is today. Here’s to another year of fabulous eats…
…and YOU GUYS!
How long have you been blogging?
Is what you blog about now different than what you originally intended to blog about? Kaitlin recently did a good post related to this!
What’s the best thing blogging has done for you? Or reading blogs, if you don’t blog!